Food StylistApply Job ID 19842 Date posted Jun.. 16, 2021 Location San Antonio, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Food Stylist is responsible for creating an aesthetically appealing presentation of food, recipes and products based on our client’s creative direction and helps create an elevated brand experience through photography and video. This person can accurately and consistently interpret Creative Direction provided by the client and is organized, detail-oriented, and capable of excelling in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Food preparation and presentation in a high-volume studio environment and on-location
- Organize and maintain a safe an orderly work area including, kitchen equipment, props, tools, etc.
- Assisting other Stylists and Merchandise Coordinators when necessary
- Oversee propping and food shopping requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of food, cooking techniques and recipe development
- Collaborate with Photographers, Art Directors, and clients to create an emotional connection with the viewer, using food as the focal point.
- Select backgrounds and props that support the story, based on Pre-Production Meetings and Creative Direction
- Work with Producer, Photographers and Art Directors to build a prop library based on seasonal in
- Ensure brand consistency.
- Support studio productions in all aspects of styling from merchandise prep, propping to styling techniques.
- Maintain the inventory of necessary pantry ingredients.
- Research and present industry trends and innovations seasonally
- Work within allotted project budgets
- High energy, positive attitude with the ability to communicate ideas articulately.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis.
- Culinary Degree (or equivalent experience) Preferred
- 5+ years of professional industry experience styling in high-end, high-volume catalog, advertising, corporate or commercial photography studio environment. Portfolio of demonstrable skills and abilities are required. Restaurant, editorial, or retail food experience, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in food and general styling techniques, skills, equipment, and tools
- Ability to style a wide range of products within a high-volume production environment without compromising quality.
- Ability to work as team member in collaborative group environment or alone.
- Mentor and train Styling Assistants, both staff and freelance
- Ability to interpret and follow written instructions and/or oral directions.
- Experience in a high-volume, creative kitchen environment
- Experience working with budgets.
- Effective oral, written, and electronic communications skills
- Collaborative and thoughtful customer service skills
- Proficiency with Apple/Macintosh computer platform and software
- A working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proven on-trend styling experience.
- Is flexible in responding to organizational changes and business priorities.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong independent problem solving, organization and time management skills.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.