Print Production ManagerApply Job ID 12452 Date posted Feb. 21, 2019 Location San Bruno, California Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Manage the production of POS/POP projects from concept to completion with a strong focus on technical and production excellence.
- Partner closely with Creative Teams to ensure you bring their “vision to life” in form and function, answering both the creative and strategic intent.
- Present options to business partners from a cost, materials and manufacturing POV on all projects. Recommend final production and manufacturing, along with vendor recommendation and timing.
- Ensure execution of the highest quality at all times; including prototyping, onsite press checks, QA/QC checks and final pack-out approval.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with vendors, procuring at least 3 bids per project.
- Identify risk(s) early if a project changes scope; communicate to business partners, offer solutions.
- Understand all fixture components: security, devices, props, etc and account for them in estimates and final execution.
- Have strong organizational skills, and a flexible, logical and proactive approach.
- Prototype and anticipate key supplier problems that could affect supply.
- Resolve issues that arise throughout the span of a project.
- Manage Retail POS/POP & Commercial Print suppliers, including existing and sourcing new relationships.
- Possess sound judgement and excellent project and time management skills.
- Sit on-site with the client’s team in Mountain View, work closely with the Minneapolis-based team.
- Perform other duties from time to time to meet the changing needs of the client/agency.
- Some travel required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in print production and procurement.
- Retail marketing experience, including POP/POS, temporary product displays, and semi-permanent fixture production, with a focus on sophisticated creative solutions.
- Possess excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven analytical skills for the purpose of evaluating vendor quotes, complex store data and budgets.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities and projects at once.
- Strong organizational, planning, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and think of new and better ways to achieve end goals.
- Be resilient and able to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Be a creative thinker with problem solving capability.
- Be a strong team player.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.