Central Store SpecialistApply Job ID 16064 Date posted Dec. 05, 2019 Location Saratoga Springs, New York Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Central Store Specialist is an expert in a specific task that supports, communicates and trains all locations on best practices. In addition, is responsible for locating, retrieving and documenting parts usage for internal customers.
- Must be a member of one of the Central Store Specialists Teams and provide assistance, training or direction to other storerooms.
- Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Participate and engage in Central Store strategy initiatives and deployment efforts.
- Lead Parts Review Committee Meetings.
- Accurately verify counts for stock replenishment.
- Acts as a liaison between buyer, internal customers and the storeroom.
- Process Returns to Supplier and Central Stores.
- Process Transfers, Properly Identify, Package and Ship to the correct Address.
- Receives and unpacks incoming orders, checking against items listed on requisitions, packing slips and/or Invoices. Ensuring that all product is received within 24hrs of delivery and rotated in proper order.
- Label project items and barcode stock items using labeling equipment.
- Process repairs, source suppliers and weigh cost analysis.
- Assist Customers with Project Requests, expedite as necessary.
- Train Customers how to scan and order items.
- Successfully complete all required safety, environmental and Central Stores training.
- Quote items with our contracted suppliers and successfully catalog.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in storerooms, warehouses, tool rooms, or other areas.
Responsible for replenishment of storeroom location(s). Supporting the storeroom location they work in when needed. Specialist can be assigned standard work tasks for the central store team. And should be willing to support our Central Store Teams in any way they can.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Some knowledge of commodities and parts room is helpful. Previous parts counter experience required, 1 year.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License and Forklift Certification preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The ideal candidate must possess good communication, phone etiquette, administrative and interpersonal skills, capable of leading a team, be detail oriented and proficient using e-mail/Outlook, Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, One note, Excel, Lync).
Knowledgeable of both procurement and storeroom processes. Experienced in a particular Central Store process, product, service, commodity or O.E.M.
Work requires definite skilled and accurate physical operations requiring some closely coordinated performance.
Work requires handling materials with some special exertion. Some reaching, ladder stepping and stacking required
Ordinary office, shop, or warehouse working conditions. Some dusty environments and/or temperature fluctuations. Also conditions may require hearing protection and safety glasses.
Some hazardous material handling training will be required
Central Store Specialists must maintain an updated copy of the Central Stores Training Plan and have completed all the Priority Red training materials. All procedures and SOP’s will require compliance.
Central Store Specialists must be a member of one of the Central Store Specialists Teams; Transfer Specialist, CS Kits Specialist, Stock Replenishment Specialist or Repairs Specialist. They must perform the team’s tasks assigned, communicate training objectives and participate in meetings.
- Barrier tracking
- Generates accurate reports
- Receives a customer service score of Acceptable or above
- Influences profitability and suggests services to leaders to improve efficiencies and cost savings
- Responds to internal client issues within 24 hours
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.