Industrial Athletic TrainerApply Job ID 25651 Date posted May. 19, 2023 Location Saratoga Springs, New York
Quad is seeking an Industrial Athletic Trainer for our Saratoga Springs, NY facility. Our Industrial Athletic Trainers work along-side plant-leaders and QuadMed staff and train, educate and prevent. The primary responsibility of the industrial athletic trainer is to implement an injury prevention program in a manufacturing environment to reduce MSD type injuries by managing health behaviors through early intervention and risk avoidance.
- Working with onsite occupational health nurses and safety staff
- Provide education and/or escalation of care if needed
- Help employees prevent repetitive, cumulative and overuse type musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses
- Conduct ergonomic analysis in order to provide recommendations on workstation modifications
- Provide on-the-job education and coaching
- Knowledge of ergonomics and project management
- Address and mitigate risks related to workers' total health, therefore reducing the risk of job-related injuries and illnesses
- Develop job-specific agility routines and programs to be implemented in a preventative method
- Minimize risk of injury through awareness, education, and ergonomic recommendations
- Proactively engage with employees at their work location
- Gain full understanding of the site operations, work-flow, processes and employees in order to make recommendations for preventing musculoskeletal injuries from occurring
- Bachelor's Degree in health related field from an accredited program (Athletic Training Preferred)
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience in athletic training with one (1) year in an industrial setting
- National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA) Board Certification
- Current CPR Certification
- Experience in orthopedics, wellness, industrial/occupational health or ergonomic experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance to company policy and procedures
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Have the skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and have the ability to learn new software as needed
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.