Material Handler - Forklift/WarehouseApply Job ID 18879 Date posted Feb. 25, 2021 Location Saratoga Springs, New York Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
We are currently seeking full time Material Handlers (Forklift Drivers) to grow with us! Candidates hired into this role will be responsible for inventory control on the production floor, ensuring that materials are brought efficiently and accurately to machines to keep production downtime to a minimum.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided)
- Servicing of press and finishing machines to move product throughout the plant
- Maintain accurate inventory of product with the use of an on board PC and RF bar coding system
- Loading and unloading of finished product and materials from semi-trailers and auto-wrapper using a forklift
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations
- Effectively communicate with team members
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
The successful candidate will have or be able to do the following:
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Strong computer skills preferred
- Prior forklift experience highly preferred, but not required.
- Factory, Manufacturing or other work experience where mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse etc.
- Printing, Finishing (Bindery) or Warehouse experience is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Good math skills
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- You will be asked to follow a shift: (3 on 3 off, 4 on 4 off) will be both days and nights through out the year, we will explain this during interview process. 12 hours shift 7 to 7.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.