Retention Acquisition SpecialistApply Job ID 19119 Date posted Mar. 29, 2021 Location Saratoga Springs, New York Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
A plant based position to strengthen the attraction and retention programs to expand pipeline of candidates, decrease turnover, improve quality of hire and reestablish ourselves as the employer of choice in our communities. Position would report to the PD, but would engage with HR teams to partner and coordinate recruitment and attraction efforts.
- Active floor involvement to engage with all employees on a regular basis and see how employees are doing and level of engagement with QG and any opportunities to improve the employment experience.
- Building relationships with local high schools and technical schools to facilitate engagement of students for future employment and career opportunities. This would include the development of Youth Apprenticeship Programs and internship opportunities for the plant.
- Working with students in YAP who are placed in the plants to ensure program requirements are being met and student satisfaction with the role.
- Provide feedback on creative approaches to hiring and retention- report on knowledge gained on what is in the marketplace competing with the organization as well as other candidate experiences so we can move our approach to best in class.
- Determine the best way to engage with candidates during the hiring and interview process to improve our process and ensure we have the right hiring process and are tailoring this to the candidates we are bringing in.
- Work with HR to understand hiring goals and to partner in achieving and measuring the achievement of these goals/targets.
- Actively perform all responsibilities of the 0-60 program.
- Approachability: Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and tactfully with individuals at all levels; professional and friendly demeanor
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to responsibilities and expectations; regularly gives and receives effective feedback
- Relationship Building: Ability to quickly earn and maintain credibility with internal and external stakeholders; works effectively and collaboratively with business partners
- Motivating Others: Ability to motivate others with enthusiasm and persistence toward the goal
- Business Savvy: Experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Innovative: Proactively anticipates potential barriers and executes creative solutions; future oriented; strategic, creative, and proactive problem solver
- Organization: Excellent organization, project and time management skills; capable of managing and prioritizing multiple assignments with attention to detail
- Effective Communicator: verbal, written – strong spelling and grammar; adjusts communication style based on audience; timely and clear communication with all levels of the organization
- Coaching and Mentoring: Oriented toward identifying skills gaps, helping others set and achieve their goals and objectives; shares knowledge, follows up and follows through
- Managing Change: The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing change; helping others to successfully manage the change necessary to succeed.
Desired (these would be a bonus) Qualifications:
- 2-3 years working in the shop floor
- Experience leading people
- Experience with MS Office Tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Skype
- Experience with Labman
- Potential to develop in a future leadership positions
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.