Skilled Print OperatorApply Job ID 25029 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Saratoga Springs, New York
Quad Saratoga Springs, NY is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
Our compressed work schedule is geared toward balancing work and family life. You will work 3 to 4, 12-hour days a week with opportunities for overtime (OT paid after 40 hours per week). These shifts rotate throughout the year (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
At Quad, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience earn a starting wage of up to $33 / hr. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad in Saratoga is seeking Skilled Print Operators in various areas within our Bindery/Finishing and Press Department, including but not limited to: First and Second Press Operator, Saddle Stitcher, Perfect Binder, Multi-Mailers, Polywrapper, and Offline equipment. UP TO $25,000 RELOCATION AVAILABLE FOR SKILLED POSITIONS! These positions are responsible for the setup and operation of equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continually monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for the cleanliness and keeping equipment maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
Responsibilities also include:
- Make-ready and operate equipment based upon written instructions provided.
- Establish and maintain color and/or fold and mechanical quality to BPC standards.
- Continuously monitor product for quality and approve or reject.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assigned crew members.
- Perform assigned make-ready duties.
- Complete required general maintenance and lubrication assignments.
- Complete required documentation, electronic and paper, for assigned job.
- Perform duties of other Print Service manufacturing positions as needed, following requisite training.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with the following equipment: Saddle Stitchers – Muller Martini, Muller Martini Tempo, Muller Martini Tempo 2200 and Goss Harris SP1000's and 855's, Goss Perfect Binders, Sitma Poly Wrappers. Offline equipment including inserters, folders, rotary trimmers, and flat cutters. Press equipment to include Rotogravure, Manroland Rotoman & Goss M1000 Offset Presses
- 2-3 years of previous Print Operator experience, including setup and operation
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed to run product for the highest quality in the safest manner.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Must have ability to utilize computer to ensure quality of product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- The ability to work a 12-hour rotating shift (either 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and 7 p.m.-7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.