Medical Assistant Greenheck Schofield, WIApply Job ID 14196 Date posted Jun. 21, 2019 Location Schofield, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Thurs 7a-5p (Will change and Thurs will go to 9a-7p in Aug/Sept)
- Measures and records vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc.)
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation into the EMR; i.e.- patient interviews and histories, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Assists medical staff with patient examinations
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Provides patients with instructions and other information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Participates in development activities and maintains affiliations with medical assistant associations, as applicable.
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team based approach to health care delivery
- Front office duties including but not limited to reception, patient check-in/check-out, payment collection, and electronic scheduling.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Certain clients and health centers may require travel
- Where permitted, and as directed:
- May perform routine screening tests
- Draws patient blood samples as directed and prepares samples for ordered laboratory analysis, and collection of other ordered lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers ordered injectable medications and immunizations
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and performs other first aid procedures
- Assists patients with the scheduling of internal/external referrals
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy and lab experience
- Experience working front office
- Medical Assistant certification through AAMA
- Skill certification through NIOSH or CAOHC
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.