Medical Assistant- Greenheck- Schofield, WIApply Job ID 15144 Date posted Sep. 04, 2019 Location Schofield, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
General Purpose of Job:
- Measure and record vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc.)
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR; i.e. patient interview and history, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Assists medical staff with patient examinations
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Provides patients with instructions and other information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Participates in development activities and maintains affiliations with medical assistant associations, as applicable.
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team based approach to health care delivery
- Front office duties including but not limited to reception, patient check-in/check-out, payment collection, and electronic scheduling.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Where permitted, and as directed:
- May perform routine screening tests
- Draws patient blood samples as directed and prepares samples for ordered laboratory analysis, and collection of other ordered lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers ordered injectable medications and immunizations
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and performs other first aid procedures
- Assists patients with the scheduling of internal/external referrals
- New grad from an accredited Medical Assistant program, or successful completion of QuadMed preceptorship program
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy and lab experience
- Experience working front office
- Medical Assistant certification through AAMA
- Skill certification through NIOSH or CAOHC
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.