Medical Assistant - PRN/As-NeededApply Job ID 20824 Date posted Oct.. 07, 2021 Location Schofield, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
QuadMed is currently seeking a PRN Medical Assistant to help support our team at the Greenheck Health and Wellness Center in Schofield WI serving Greenheck employees and their families. Onsite services include primary and acute care, lab, x-ray, physical therapy, wellness coaching and a fitness center. Join our highly regarded team where 98% of patients recommend the health center to others!
This position is PRN/as-needed for coverage in the Schofield, WI clinic.
Learn More About Greenheck Fan:
- One of the largest employers in the region
- Growing, market-leading, innovation-driven company
- Named WI Manufacturer of the Year 2016 and is the only company to win for the third time
- Voted Best Place to Work for Young Professionals (2017, 2016, 2015)
- The Wausau Chamber’s Manufacturing Excellence 2016
Learn More About QuadMed:
QuadMed provides workplace solutions on a national level to employers of all sizes. Our health and wellness centers provide medical, laboratory, pharmacy, fitness, and rehabilitation services along with care coordination through relationships with local hospitals, providers, and specialists.
As a Medical Assistant, this individual will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare worker interested in working in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success.
Schedule: Monday - Thursday 10:30am to 7:00pm; Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm; every 2nd Saturday of the month 7:45am to 12:00pm. *Shift may vary slightly based on provider schedules,
- Front desk reception
- Greets patients, answers phones, takes concise telephone messages and schedules appointments
- Provides patient with all necessary registration forms, and gives instructions on completion of forms.
- Processes, codes, and completes insurance claims forms
- Uses communication skills with proper medical terminology
- Performs computer skills in patient billing, transcription, scheduling, insurance claims, accounts receivables, and data entry
- Arranges for hospital admissions and outside referrals
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Purchases and maintains supplies and equipment
As an MA, Clinical Duties may include
- Measure and record vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc)
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR for all patient care, i.e. patient interview and history, vital signs, treatments, test results
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
- Assists medical staff with exams
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens
- Performs lab tests including preparing specimen, testing, and recording results
- Ensures CLIA/OSHA compliance standards are met
- Performs EKGs
- Prepares and administers medications and immunizations per provider order
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Assist patients in the scheduling of diagnostic tests, outpatient services and hospital admissions. Provide patient with information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration. Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows HIPAA regulations
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- As an MA, Phlebotomy and lab experience required
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience preferred
- Experience working in a medical front office preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team approach to health care delivery
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written) required
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting
- Bilingual a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more!
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.