PRN Medical Assistant - Greenheck Wausau/Schofiled, WIApply Job ID 12346 Date posted Feb. 15, 2019 Location Schofield, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
- Measures and records vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc.)
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation into the EMR; i.e.- patient interviews and histories, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Assists medical staff with patient examinations
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Provides patients with instructions and other information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Participates in development activities and maintains affiliations with medical assistant associations, as applicable.
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team based approach to health care delivery
- Front office duties including but not limited to reception, patient check-in/check-out, payment collection, and electronic scheduling.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Certain clients and health centers may require travel
- Where permitted, and as directed:
- May perform routine screening tests
- Draws patient blood samples as directed and prepares samples for ordered laboratory analysis, and collection of other ordered lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers ordered injectable medications and immunizations
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and performs other first aid procedures
- Assists patients with the scheduling of internal/external referrals
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy and lab experience
- Experience working front office
- Medical Assistant certification through AAMA
- Skill certification through NIOSH or CAOHC
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
- The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the organization and its employees. EEOC/Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.