Art Director - PackagingApply Job ID 13583 Date posted May. 07, 2019 Location Sidney, Nebraska Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Develop well-designed, cohesive, dynamic packaging for a variety of consumer products
- Present and justify design choices during internal reviews with consumer consideration and persuasiveness of design principles and client requirements
- Study, use and fully understand creative and executional briefs
- Understand client’s brands and properly adhere to guidelines/requirements
- Proactively guide team members towards enhanced brand execution through effective communication and conceptual development
- Ensure the overall quality of deliverables, ensuring accurate and timely completion on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines within established budgets
- Direct and maintain the creative and quality standards of our production and design team
- Create roughs of conceptual/exploratory ideas
- Research products/services to inform design ideas
- Own assigned packaging projects from initiation to pre-media handoff
- Collaborate with Account teams on project tracking and workflows
- Maintain archive of professional records/ detailed housekeeping (email, timekeeping, expenses)
- Present professionally to internal and external teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in graphic design and/or art direction of print production
- Knowledge of all steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. Some knowledge of the Windows platform is also required
- Deep understanding of branding, marketing, advertising, and strategies within those disciplines
- High-level expertise in constructing clean, layered files, and knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets
- Possesses exceptional typographic and clear, concise solution-based design skill
- Proactive, appropriate and timely communication skills across department, agency and clients
- Allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and completes work in a timely fashion
- Holds high regard for personal performance and professional accountability
- Adapts as needed to clients’ needs, feedback and critiques
- Can adjust and streamline priorities within multiple assignments to ensure all goals and objects are met or exceeded
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.