Graphic Designer - PackagingApply Job ID 20464 Date posted Aug. 31, 2021 Location Sidney, Nebraska Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Graphic Design Associate works closely with the Art Directors within the internal creative team to develop on-brand, creative solutions for the retail packaging channel.
- Develop well-designed, cohesive, dynamic packaging for a variety of consumer products
- Present choices during internal reviews with consumer consideration and persuasiveness of design principles and client requirements
- Study, use and fully understand creative and executional briefs
- Understand client’s brands and properly adhere to guidelines/requirements
- Ensure the overall quality of deliverables, ensuring accurate and timely completion on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Maintain the creative and quality standards of our production and design team
- Research products/services to inform design ideas
- Own assigned projects from initiation to pre-media handoff by proactively engaging with Workfront to manage project tasks and track time
- Associates degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 1-3+ years of experience in graphic design
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. Some knowledge of the Windows platform is also required
- Expertise in constructing clean, layered files, and knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets
- Possesses skilled typographic and clear, concise solution-based design skill
- Basic knowledge of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- Proactive, appropriate and timely communication skills across department, agency and clients
- Allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and completes work in a timely fashion
- Holds high regard for personal performance and professional accountability
- Adapts as needed to clients’ needs, feedback and critiques
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.