ProofreaderApply Job ID 17203 Date posted May. 12, 2020 Location Sidney, Nebraska Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a qualified Proofreader to work at a client location in Sidney, NE, or remotely. This candidate will support one of our large, national clients, and is responsible for examining all copy and proofs generated in production. The Proofreader verifies the accuracy and logic of content, markdowns, formatting, and versioning. The Proofreader ensures that all Quad and client content quality standards are met prior to submitting proofs to the client or the printer.
- Review all copy for adherence to the Client’s Style Guide, and note or make necessary adjustments
- Review and proof artwork for quality, logic, correctness, and accuracy, and note or make necessary adjustments
- Edit initial and final versions of various creative content
- Work with client service, management, and internal teams on questions and missing information
- Coordinate and route proofs through digital and paper workflows
- Follow standard operating procedures, suggesting updates when necessary
- Complete role responsibilities with project management software (tasks, time tracking, etc.)
- 2 years of experience in proofreading – digital or catalog production experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English (or equivalent) preferred. (Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis.)
- Knowledge of fishing, hunting, camping products preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Strong grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to successfully juggle and deliver multiple projects and proactively communicate status and issues
- Flexible, client-service mindset
- Must be detail and deadline oriented
- Self-starter with ability to self-direct
- Effective team player
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.