2nd Shift Die Cut Operator
- Spartanburg, South Carolina
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
The 2nd Shift Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock. Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as take actions that support team work, safety, contamination control, and efficiency
- Follow the pre-production, make ready, and production run tasks.
- Operate powered equipment
- Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take off functions.
- Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository.
- Cross-train as assigned
- Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Be able to perform work related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Accurately read and use measuring devices
- Experience with hand tools
- Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
- Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work overtime
- Experience with Bobst/Heidelberg Die Cut Machinery
- Some supervisory experience a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.