Flexo Press OperatorApply Job ID 25215 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Spartanburg, South Carolina
QuadPackaging is one of the country’s fastest growing packaging companies, with state-of-the-art facilities in the United States, Latin America, Asia and Europe. QuadPackaging’s customer-centric consultative approach focuses on innovation, quality and cost-effectiveness. Our revenue-generating solutions include high-end folding cartons, labels, inserts and custom packaging that make our customers’ packages stand out on the retail shelf.
Essential Functions of Flexo Operator:
- Assist with Make Ready Operations - Proactively prepare for each job by ensuring the press has the proper amount of raw materials needed and that all raw materials are within the job ticket specifications. Assist operator with adding ink, changing out press plates, and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with Machine Operations - Assist Operator by keeping the press machine supplied with raw materials needed to run specific job while adhering to Company safety standards. Maintain communication with and assist Operator in any capacity needed/requested to ensure each job produces quality products in line with customer specifications.
- Perform Maintenance and Housekeeping - Assist Operator to perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned equipment during shift. Clean assigned area by removing all product from line, trash, boxes, and other supplies associated with a completed order. Maintain clean area around the press before, during, and after all jobs.
- Perform Quality Checks - Complete quality checklist(s) and perform quality checks of product throughout to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Learn to Operate Press - Learn to operate press in accordance with Company policies and procedures by working with Operator.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills to learn machine operations
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems for root cause and determine solutions
- Ability to match and detect differences in similar color shades and hues
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply/follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information
- Ability to complete routine, existing forms
- Ability to organize one's own schedule and tasks for efficient workflow and production
- Ability to perform tasks with room for personal interpretation; problem-solving involves a supervisor when needed
- Ability to count accurately
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numerical data
- Lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds up to 1/3 of workday
- Stand over 2/3 of workday
- Bend and stoop up to 1/3 of workday
- Kneel on occasion
- Grasp objects over 2/3 of workday
- Push and/or pull dollies, pallet jacks, etc. on occasion
- Walk up to 1/3 of workday
- Color vision
- Close vision
- Distance vision
- Peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- Requires work with moving mechanical parts
- Requires work in a noisy, fast-paced environment where forklifts and other machinery is used
- Requires work at risk of electrical shock
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to work any and all shifts
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.