Folder Gluer Operator- 3rd ShiftApply Job ID 25195 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Spartanburg, South Carolina
Descriptions & Qualifications – External
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
Ideal candidate will support operational productivity and Company profitability by assisting with the operation of printing press machinery to accurately and efficiently produce product to customer specification and Company quality standards.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Prepare for Operation - Check order documentation, verify accuracy, and communicate order information and additional instructions to support staff to prepare for order production. Establish most efficient manner to run product through assigned machine to produce expected quality and quantity. Make ready for production by setting up machine components to create products in line with customer specifications.
- Operate Gluer Machine - Operate assigned equipment in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed. Perform routine adjustments as needed. Direct support staff as needed to complete orders.
- Perform Maintenance - Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned equipment during shift.
- Perform Quality Checks - Complete quality checklist(s) and perform quality checks of product throughout to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform Line Clearance - Clean assigned area by removing all product from line, trash, boxes, and other supplies associated with a completed order.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- 7 + years of experience in operating folder/gluer machine (Bobst preferred) or 7+ years of experience in operating folding equipment
- Knowledge of finishing machine operation
- Shifts include days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to work overtime is required. Shift schedules may vary depending on work load. No shifts are guaranteed.
- Successful candidates must be able to perform the following: lift 50 pounds continuously, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to Multi-Task and prioritize tasks
- Good verbal and written comprehension
- Work independently with minimal supervision and the ablility to thrive in a team environment
- The ability to perform basic math calculations
- Pallet Jack experience
- Press or Finishing experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.