Photo StylistApply Job ID 17804 Date posted Sep. 03, 2020 Location Springfield, Missouri Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Styling on-form (on mannequin), product, room sets, on-model and off-figure
- Styling in a high-volume studio environment and on-location
- Maintaining styling equipment and work stations
- Maintaining merchandise and merchandise records
- Assisting client Stylists and Merchandise Coordinators when necessary
- Coordinating and executing propping, shopping and returns
- Maintaining and submitting receipts for billing
- Providing feedback to insure and maintain client satisfaction
- Use creative innovation to create the mood or tone for the photo “story”
- Throughout shooting process, direct adjustments needed to meet client expectations and to present creative options with the intent to continually make improvements to the photo shoot
- Collaborate with on-set photographer and key client partners to ensure brand consistency and creative vision on requests and requirements are being met
- Use expert styling techniques for styling on-form (on mannequin), product, room sets, on-model and off-figure (stylized laydowns)
- Collaborate with the photographer and producer to bring together products, wardrobe, props, set materials, etc. to prepare for photo shoots or arrange the photo set to create the client vision
- Support studio productions in all aspects of styling from merchandise prep to styling execution.
- Create or suggest ideas for how to style different product types.
- Follow client & Quad standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a flexible, client-service mindset and engage with QUAD team in client-focused solutioning and innovation.
- Work in a fast-paced team environment to problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Maintain an organized and orderly kit and work area.
- Education: Creative Degree (or equivalent experience) Preferred
- Experience: 3+ years of professional industry experience styling in high-end, high-volume catalog, advertising, corporate or commercial photography studio environment. Portfolio of demonstrable skills and abilities is required. Retail, design or fashion merchandising experience.
- Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Ability to assist with shooting in preset photography bay
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong sense of color and style
- High energy, positive attitude with the ability to develop and communicate ideas
- Working knowledge of styling techniques, skills, equipment, and tools
- Ability to style many different types of products within a high-volume production environment without compromising quality
- Ability to work as team member in collaborative group environment or alone
- Ability to follow tight layouts, written instructions or oral directions
- Understanding of production photography workflows, scheduling, timelines
- Effective oral, written and electronic communications skills
- Proficiency with Apple/Macintosh computer platform and software
- A working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proven on-trend styling experience
- The ability to use photo requests to conceptualize final imagery and collaborate with photographer to concept set plans
- Flexibility to respond to organizational changes and business priorities
- The ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong problem solving, organization and time management skills
- The ability to take direction from client studio management and learn quickly
- The ability to use a garment steamer
- Portfolio of demonstrable skills and abilities is required.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.