VideographerApply Job ID 17803 Date posted Sep. 03, 2020 Location Springfield, Missouri Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Videographer plans and facilitates studio and field-based video production, including the planning, filming, editing, sound mixing, graphic design and compression output of a wide range of products.
- Works in collaboration with clients and production staff to produce a variety of video service products
- Plans and directs assigned studio productions; oversees operation of small multi-camera studio; operates video camera, character generation and digital video effects equipment, edit controllers, cameras, hard disk video recorders, video distribution switchers, and audio mixers
- Sets up and adjusts studio lighting equipment including fixed and portable light systems; adjusts audio equipment including assorted lavalier, cardiod and shotgun microphones
- Works with clients to prepare “B-roll” footage for inclusion in live productions
- Provides limited troubleshooting of video, audio and lighting equipment; performs routine equipment maintenance
- Makes recommendations to department for software and equipment purchases.
- In cooperation with other client staff, coordinates pre-production and production planning activities
- Conducts field-based video production which involves interacting with clients and operating all portable video and audio equipment
- Transports and sets up lighting and audio equipment as required; provides limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment.
- Plans and performs video post-production tasks which includes reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing
- Utilizes computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts
- Compresses video projects for output; captures recorded video using software and encode media as appropriate; makes video products available in a variety of formats as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunication, video production and/or completion of a certificate program in television production from an accredited technical institute preferred
- Progressively responsible experience in a professional video editing/producing environment demonstrating competence in all areas of video production. Experience shooting marine/boating footage.
- Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, and terminology
- Studio production with multi-camera shooting
- Principles of analog and digital video capture
- Professional television production equipment operation including video cameras and recorders, audio recording equipment, file compression, video switching, character generation, graphics manipulation, lighting, and post-production equipment
- Advanced computer operations
- Standard software applications and advanced video editing software
- Proper handling and troubleshooting of broadcast quality video production and post-production equipment
- Safety practices related to video production
- Operate and maintain a variety of analog and digital video cameras and video editing equipment
- Operate computers and relevant systems and software
- Creatively plan and translate abstract concepts into effective visual form
- Work with other technical and non-technical staff to organize and implement videotaping of instructional or other educational related projects
- Work with clients and talent to be comfortable in front of the camera
- Maintain a client-service mindset and engage with QUAD team in client-focused solutioning and innovation
- Adapt video products to fit needs of clients and target audience
- Explain various principles of video to clients
- Develop and optimize workflow techniques to manage complex video projects effectively and efficiently
- Troubleshoot video product complications
- Research solutions and make technical decisions
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and effectively
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Research and remain current on the developments and applications of state of the art video production technology
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and/or able to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments
- Willingness to travel.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace#LI-TWI
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.