2018-2019 WI High School Youth ApprenticeshipApply Now Job ID 7764 Date posted May. 07, 2018 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Quad/Graphics is participating in the Youth Apprenticeship Program, offered through the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development for the 2018-2019 school year at the following Wisconsin locations: Sussex, Hartford, Pewaukee, West Allis & Lomira.
Quad/Graphics is a leading global provider of print and media solutions, Quad/Graphics is powered by a passion for innovation and a collaborative team of “can-do” people that continually challenge the status quo, creating groundbreaking solutions that push the boundaries of communications.
Headquartered in Sussex, Wisconsin, our company has more than 70 print-production facilities nation-wide. With a corporate culture that encourages growth opportunities for employees, the Youth Apprenticeship program was created with that same philosophy in mind.
The Youth Apprenticeship Program at Quad/Graphics provides High School juniors and seniors the opportunity to gain real-life experience and universal skills via work shadowing, company education classes and career based training programs. During this one- or two-year program Youth Apprentices will job shadow in various departments with teams of subject matter experts so they can learn where their interests and skills may lie when they join the workforce in the future.
- Maintain the academic and attendance requirements to participate in the Youth Apprenticeship Program.
- Observe company rules and other requirements identified by the employer
- Participate in progress reviews scheduled with mentors, school personnel and parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Complete program/company training requirements.
- Demonstrate maturity and responsibility
- Responsible for transportation to and from workplace.
- Meet the requirements of the particular program and demonstrate competency as set forth in the program goals.
- Meet academic requirements for the program including a passing grade/score in courses required for admission to the Youth Apprenticeship Program.
- Attend all scheduled shadowing and training under the Youth Apprenticeship program
What Youth Apprentices can expect during their time at Quad/Graphics:
- Attend training sessions focused primarily on safety requirements, industry requirements and what to do in emergency situations
- High level rotations through different departments focused on production to learn about how each plays a part in the overall Manufacturing process
- Gain an understanding of the overall Manufacturing process, including product creation from start to finish and processes involved in creating a quality product
- Gain experience and understanding of planning process, how to communicate effectively and collaborating in a team setting
- Learn about Company Culture, Values, Leadership and other Manufacturing industry related topics
- Learn how various types of tools and advanced equipment and machinery, are used and operated
- Learn to read and interpret different technical drawings, work orders/job tickets, symbols, documents and manuals
- Learn the product assembly process, quality and safety checks and process for selecting different tools and materials needed throughout the product creation process
- Gain understanding of different types of machinery, job shadow how they are operated and monitored for correct operation
- Learning preventative maintenance techniques, troubleshooting and problem solving
Hour requirements for Youth Apprentices to obtain program credits (for Juniors & Seniors):
2 Year Program - Total of 900 hours min.
1 Year Program - Total of 450 hours min.
Additional Company Information:
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. The Youth Apprenticeship Program’s candidate qualifications are dictated by the Department of Workforce Development. However, the Company encourages and welcomes all applicants to apply for any position posted or vacancy within the Company.
Kyle, Production Support
“I’m proud to work at Quad/Graphics because it’s nice to be part of something that started so small and grew into what it is now.”WATCH KYLE’S VIDEO
We’re a company with a soul, driven by our values and dedicated to finding a better way. Our employees are empowered to work hard, move up and stand proud.Learn more >