Associate Corporate CounselApply Job ID 26096 Date posted Sep. 12, 2023 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
The Associate Corporate Counsel position is a unique opportunity to focus on a broad range of global M&A activities, real estate and corporate development initiatives, treasury/credit facility, enterprise risk and business law matters, and be an integral part of Quad’s Legal team. This is an outstanding opportunity to work on sophisticated legal issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment while continuing to grow your career trajectory into new areas.
Join us for an exhilarating role! Reporting to the Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, you'll support M&A negotiations, lead real estate deals, and drive enterprise-wide initiatives. Collaborate with our treasury team, support risk management, and serve as a key legal contact. Take the lead in international legal matters, working closely with compliance and business teams. We're seeking a global expert in M&A and real estate with top-notch project management skills. Do you have experience in most, but not all of these areas? That’s ok! You’ll just need a desire and ability to jump in, learn the rest, and grow with us. Thrive in a dynamic environment, provide strategic counsel, and embrace the complexity of our business. Be more than just an attorney – be a vital part of our evolving business culture.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Oversee global M&A and strategic partnership negotiations and provide counseling, advice and day-to-day support of certain Company business and operating units objectives
- Assume lead on certain Company initiatives of significant size and complexity
- Participate in a collaborative manner in globally based cross-functional business teams to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex business issues
- Draft, structure and review real estate and commercial agreements
- Provide counsel and support for treasury and credit facility amendments and funding initiatives
- Manage, optimize, and further develop legal operational structures, processes and templates for all areas of responsibility
- Serve as one of the Company’s “go to” lawyers for general corporate and business matters
- Manage outside counsel for all areas of responsibility
- Be one of the leading members of the legal team of the Company
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions and general commercial law in a large law firm or in-house corporate environment.
- Must have a valid license to practice law issued from the Wisconsin Bar or equivalent state Bar.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Creative, innovative team player with positive attitude and strong analytical and problem-resolution skills; exceptional business judgement, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with legal risks
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with and gain the respect of stakeholders at all levels
- Developed organizational capabilities and the ability to manage in a detail-oriented and proactive manner several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Ability and willingness to learn and take on new legal areas or business concepts
- Must be a self-starter and strong project leader in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in working on complex projects with multi-functional teams and be able to drive results
- Experience working with international business teams preferred or a willingness to learn and take on this area
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.