Billing Specialist - Temporary SussexApply Job ID 16089 Date posted Dec. 17, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
- Batches and transmits paper and electronic claims
- Assesses claims to verify correct billing
- Completes assigned systematic checks to ensure all billable claims are transmitted and processed in a timely manor
- Manually and electronically post remits from third party payers
- Verifies all systems are balanced at the end of the date of service
- Corrects, both preemptively and post submission upon denial or rejection, claims errors
- Follows up on unpaid claims within the standard revenue cycle timeframe
- Works collaboratively with management to create and analyze tracking reports to evaluate trends
- Maintains a solid understanding of current medical billing rules, laws and regulations
- 1 year of medical billing experience preferred, Epic background preferred
- Experience in medical billing or medical administration preferred
- A working knowledge of insurance guidelines
- Effective communication skills
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.