Buyer- Supply Chain SpecialistApply Job ID 23575 Date posted Nov. 21, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Buyer-Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for the most efficient and economic management of Quad owned paper inventories. He or she sources Quad supplied paper according to strategic direction from the Director of Papers and the President of Paper Services. Cost containment and effective EBITDA enhancement is a key performance expectation. The Specialist is also responsible for maintaining continuous plant operations by minimizing or eliminating downtime attributable to paper.
- Inventory Management from sourcing through consumption and end of asset life
- Perform regular cost benefit analyses to determine when to move, convert, sell or take a loss on paper aging in inventory
- Ensure FIFO (using oldest inventory first) when providing reservation instructions to CAM’s and Paper Warehousing/Press
- Provide CAM’s and Paper Warehouse knowledgeable guidance on paper substitutions
- Sourcing paper to meet client expectations while meeting supplier obligations
- Determine accurate requirements for a job while analyzing data provided from Sales, Estimating, ASE’s and CAM’s
- Manage purchase orders at LDC deadlines to ensure most accurate purchases are made
- Manage supply chain by working with suppliers on on-time delivery of purchases
- Works with Operations Managers and Director of Operations to continuously improve internal systems and processes that will allow the Paper Services team to maximize EBITDA
- Participate in continuous improvement (CI) events, huddles, and war rooms
- Work closely with AP to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Foster/maintain mill and supplier relationships
- Work within the scope of financial goals set by executive management
- Ensure all department goals are met as a team
- Represent Quad Paper Services in a positive way that’s in-line with overall business goals
- Required to be an on-call resource (eves and weekends) to ensure consistent press up-time and most cost effective decisions are made by the plant(s)
- Manage approx. $8 million dollars in inventory. Source approx. $100 million in spend
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business related experience
Experience: Minimum3 years of related experience with focus on supply chain
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Work well with others, including internal staff and external audiences (clients and prospects)
- Must be articulate, charismatic and a skilled presenter
- Exceptional listening skills to properly assess the needs of our clients or internal team members
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions
- Strong client-service orientation
- Ability to identify most necessary information to elevate keeping management apprised of any issues that may have a negative effect to our business, goals, our mills, or clients.
- Proven ability to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
- Sound business acumen; strategic skills
- Industry experience
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.