Color Re-toucherApply Job ID 19702 Date posted Jun. 03, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The PreMedia Color Analyst is the color expert for both internal and external clients. The PreMedia Color Analyst will use their experience in high end color retouching, complex masking, extensive cloning, and composition to exceed client expectations and interpret color expectations within a fast passed environment.
- Showing color proofs or softproofs of images or pages to Clients.
- Evaluating color and content according to clients specifications and expectations.
- Giving specific color direction by marking up color proofs or softproofs so the retouching team can execute corrections to the files to meet client expectations.
- Might be called on to do press OK’s with the customer or alone to make sure clients expectations of color are met on press.
- General knowledge of the workflows and procedures for the assigned area
- Understanding of Mac environment and Photoshop to execute clients corrections.
- Create silhouettes and drop shadows for client Images.
- Read and follow internal markup and client instructions
- Convert digital images from RGB to CMYK
- Perform specific color correction as needed, determined by evaluation of provided copy and/or softproof evaluation.
- Measure and spec out RGB and CMYK values for customer swatches or product matching.
- Maintain accurate lighting and monitor calibration conditions for optimum viewing.
- Ability to do image corrections in RGB and CMYK color space.
- General knowledge of profiles, color space, and conversions.
- Provide feedback to other color Mac operators.
- Responsible for tracking or moving job components through production using Quad tools.
- Some college course work preferred
- 5-10 years of experience as a Color Analyst/Operator or similar.
- Intermediate proficiency using the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Acrobat and Quark on the MAC Platform is also required.
- Must be available 24x7 for varying client needs.
- Should possess good knowledge of color theory, experience with camera raw processing and color management.
- High end inkjet proofing experience with color calibration knowledge.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.