Communications ManagerApply Job ID 25413 Date posted Mar. 10, 2023 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
Quad is looking for a talented Communications Manager of Media & Industry Analyst Relations to join the Communications team and execute the company’s integrated marketing approach to strategic communications for Quad and several of its subsidiaries.
This person will work in concert with business leaders to identify and highlight Quad’s unique position in vertical industries with a focus on fintech/financial; healthcare; direct-to-consumer; packaging and sustainability. This person will focus on driving market awareness for Quad in these sectors and with external stakeholders and industry analysts. They’ll support sales, growth and recruitment by further differentiating Quad from competitors. They’ll need strong project management and organizational skills and will work with agency partners on news, stories and campaigns for external and internal audiences. They will need strong presentation and relationship-development skills to reach, engage and connect with a variety of audiences.
This position reports to the Vice President of Communications.
- Meet with internal Subject Matter Experts to source and strategize vertical industry storylines, innovations, and customer momentum – then develop and execute coordinated, multi-channel communications plans.
- Secure earned media including feature stories, bylines, speaking engagements and awards.
- Build, maintain and enhance relationships with key analysts at Gartner, Forrester and other advisory firms; and with key reporters, media outlets and industry influencers.
- Develop annual /quarterly and monthly media reports to highlight campaign results.
- Secure panel and speaking opportunities within analyst events and programs.
- Work closely with colleagues in Product Marketing to help manage and scale narratives aligned to their marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with agency team to develop compelling storytelling, messaging and content.
- Drive innovative, preemptive media and analyst campaigns and feature storytelling across verticals.
- Implement innovative ways to approach Quad and other industry events and support multi-channel program areas.
Minimum Qualifications: The ideal candidate is a self-starter, nimble, confident and with an ambition to identify fresh opportunities and drive innovative communications for Quad. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 4+ years of experience in media relations, industry analyst relations
- Demonstrated expertise in writing and reporting communications plans, programming and results.
- Creative approaches to drive communications results
- Detail-oriented and proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Team-oriented and committed to collaboration.
- Ability to solve challenges with a can-do attitude; demonstrates positive energy and resilience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills.
- Adept at injecting ideas, innovation and leading industry developments into planning assignments.
- Able to guide others in plan execution.
- Demonstrates an ability to be curious and passionate about our business.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Stellar written and verbal skills, with ability to present to marketing leadership and eventually executive team, maintain correspondence and internal documentation.
- Thinks clearly and diplomatically when participating in a discussion to field complex or sensitive questions from internal and all external groups.
- Understating of Quad media tools, data collection, and insight development.
- Computer Skills/Software Knowledge: Microsoft Suite, Social Tracking tools (Cision, MuckRack, Meltwater, Onclusive or similar).
- Manage projects, resources, stakeholders, and participants.
- Be a resource to others in developing communication recommendations.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.