Content Marketing StrategistApply Job ID 16690 Date posted Feb. 04, 2020 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Content Strategist
is part of Quad’s in-house Corporate
Marketing team. The team is responsible
for the strategy, planning and execution of B2B content, advertising, PR and
sales presentation support. The team works in a fast-paced environment where
workload and expectations are high and deadlines can be quick-turn. The team ideates
and creates all brand and solution marketing content to fill the entire buyers
journey from awareness to conversion.
The Content Strategist is an enthusiastic deep thinker proficient at uncovering unique insights. This person has the ability to translate the unique value of our solutions relative to the needs of our clients and business objectives and then develop relevant content and campaign strategies. This individual is a critical thinker adept at synthesizing complex and disparate information to gain insight. The Content Strategist also is a proficient writer/editor who understands the importance of a journalistic, storytelling approach to great content. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to take initiative, self-motivate and manage multiple projects.
- Learn and understand Quad’s offering, positioning and the value/benefits of solutions, products and services
- Distill business objectives, market data, consumer research, brand/category/channel/product knowledge into inspiring creative briefs to inform the creative development process for thought leadership content
- Define and develop plans relative to Quad solutions for content that drives awareness, consideration, conversion of prospects/clients and when appropriate, employees
- Regularly review and edit content and write when needed
- Collaborate with sales leaders, client strategists and business unit leaders to understand needs and objectives and then develop content plans and strategic creative briefs to support them
- Understand the voice of customer and infuse it into value-based educational content
- Collaborate with marketing team members to define goals and measure effectiveness of content
- Be a resource to content production team to review, edit and direct development of content
- Assist with data/research methodologies and analysis
- Prepare presentations to educate and support internal resources
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism. Minimum 5 years of professional content marketing experience with a strong background in media/retail industry. Candidate must understand the difference between traditional advertising and inbound content marketing and have a track record of writing/developing a wide range of B2B content.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- An advanced writer and editor
- A skilled communicator, storyteller and presenter
- A natural problem solver, inclined to figure things out and confidently make decisions
- High level of curiosity and inquisitiveness with a passion for marketing
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Enthusiasm for following the latest industry news and developments
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a propensity to cut through the noise
- Sees the big picture and pays attention to details
- Ability to organize, prioritize and give guidance
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.