Core DispatcherApply Job ID 19296 Date posted Apr. 20, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad Transportation Services is seeking a Transportation Dispatcher to work in the Sussex, WI facility. The Dispatcher is responsible to administrate, coordinate and manage efficient and cost effective transportation services meeting the needs of the customers.
- Determine delivery methods, negotiate rates, select carriers, coordinate deliveries and evaluate carrier performance
- Prioritize job responsibilities frequently due to aggressive deadlines and identify and resolve pricing and delivery issues to maintain positive customer relations
- Continually monitor load requests noting location for pick-up, delivery locations, pick-up dates and required delivery dates
- Identify and evaluate special needs in the method or mode of transportation, load planning, freight negotiations and carrier assignments based on customer requests and expectations
- Once appropriate delivery method is selected, begin contacting carriers and engaging in price negotiations, load pick-up and delivery
- Select carrier to be given the load and provide necessary details regarding load locations, time at which load must be picked up, destination locations and drop off times, load size and other pertinent information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management preferred
- Transportation or trucking company experience is preferred
- Must be PC Proficient
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with the customers, executives and the general public
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented
- Ability to think logically and make sound decisions
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative
- Must be able to work extended hours, holidays and weekends as needed
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.