Delivery CoordinatorApply Job ID 13913 Date posted May. 31, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad Transportation Services, a division of Quad/Graphics, is seeking Delivery Coordinator. The Delivery Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating successful pickup and delivery of product to various locations throughout the country.
- Overall accountability for day to day execution of Rail (intermodal), Truck, LTL and airfreight for all distribution and manufacturing locations.
- Responsible to identify discrepancies in shipping and/or transportation scheduling parameters, postal, inventory, OS&D, and/or delivery issues
- Prioritize job responsibilities frequently due to aggressive deadlines and identify and resolve delivery issues to maintain positive customer relations.
- manage multiple assignments simultaneously and maintain positive customer and employee relations
- Once appropriate delivery method is selected, begin contacting carriers and engaging in load pick-up and delivery expectations.
- Service customers by solving problems, gathering and transmitting information as needed and demanding product meets delivery requirements and standards
- Review and make recommendations for operation improvements.
- Manage carrier performance; timely dispatch and delivery of outbound, inbound, and interplant orders.
- Resolve any dispatch or delivery issues with shippers, receivers and transportation partners.
- Coordinate daily partnering with Customer Service, receivers and ship plants to ensure on time pick-up and delivery.
- 24/7 Support M1
- Collaborate with all operation groups to provide performance feedback on transportation partners and ship plants.
- Manage excess of 500-700 operational daily e-mails.
- Initiate and facilitate load planning adjustments as needed to ensure on time pickup and delivery.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field highly desired
- One + years in a transportation or logistics environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrate experience working in Excel or PC based database platform required
- Must maintain and increase understanding and proficiency in new logistics principles, techniques and regulations.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, organized and able to multi-task in an ever-changing environment
- Must be able to multi task and work under a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Ability to work among a diverse work force and be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Strong organization, problem solving and communication skills as well as team leadership and effective employee relation skills are necessary.
- Proactive, critical thinking and follow up organization skills are necessary.
- Ability to multi task and interact with internal and external customers.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.