Driver DispatcherApply Job ID 20531 Date posted Sep.. 07, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Local Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating, communicating and directing the local fleet of Class A CDL to meet the needs of the business, while troubleshooting driver problems, traffic issues, mechanical failures and also communicating the outcomes to the appropriate parties.
The schedule for this position is 12 hours rotating, day shift.
• Develop, administer, coordinate and manage the pickup and deliveries for our local WI fleet of trucks.
• Use independent discretion to prioritize job responsibilities to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Continually monitor load requests noting location for pick-up, delivery locations, pick-up dates and required delivery dates/times.
• Identify, evaluate and facilitate special pickup and delivery needs.
• Ensure consistent application and compliance of DOT regulations and hours of service.
• Facilitate the customer’s delivery objectives in a timely and effective manner through constant and direct communication with the drivers, load planners and other depts. across the platform as needed.
• Assist delivery services as needed for tracking of pickup and deliveries.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: One + years in a transportation or truck dispatching environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented
• Ability to think logically and make sound decisions
• Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of employees, across business groups
• Solid current knowledge of DOT regulations
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must be able to work extended hours, holidays and weekends as needed
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.