Driver PlannerApply Job ID 22904 Date posted Jul. 26, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Driver Planner is responsible for administrating, coordinating and managing efficient and cost effective dispatch to our fleet of trucks and dedicated carriers while meeting the needs of the customers and drivers. There is potential for this role for the candiate to have a hybrid schedule.
- Develop, administer, coordinate and manage the delivery schedule for our dedicated fleet of trucks.
- Use independent discretion to prioritize job responsibilities to meet aggressive delivery deadlines.
- Continually monitor load requests noting location for pick-up, delivery locations, pick-up dates and required delivery dates.
- Identify, evaluate and facilitate special delivery needs.
- Ensure consistent application and compliance of DOT regulations including maintaining driver’s hours.
- Facilitate the customer’s delivery objectives in a timely and effective manner through constant and direct communication with the drivers, load planners and other depts. across the platform.
- Develop and retain strong working relationships with our dedicated partners
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of DOT regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented
- Ability to think logically and make sound decisions
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative
- Must be able to work extended hours, holidays and weekends as needed
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.