Electrical EngineerApply Job ID 22680 Date posted Jun. 16, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The QGMS team is seeking an Electrical Engineer with PLC programming and system design experience. This position, based at our Corporate Headquarters in Sussex, WI, is responsible for developing and supporting motion control and plant data acquisition solutions for new and existing product lines, working with teams in local and remote plants.
The Quad/Graphics Equipment Engineering team delivers innovative solutions that support production machinery and processes utilized throughout the corporation. Projects include the development of special equipment for printing and material handling as well as integration of third party systems and control system upgrades. The candidate will work in a dynamic setting individually or as part of a project team that may include other engineers, plant production, and production support personnel. Some travel to remote plants is required for gathering project requirements, installation, and commissioning of equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with PLC and motion control system design incorporating the following range of topics:
- Designing motion-based controls for automated machinery
- Experience Specifying Power, Control/PLC, Motion/Drive, and HMI Components
- Configuring, and programming PLC systems and motion automation
- Ability to design complete motion control systems
- Strong technical aptitude, attention to detail, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Team player with the ability to communicate to various backgrounds and levels
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and general PC/Networking knowledge
- 3-5 years experience
- Familiarity with web-handling equipment, including tension control applications
- Familiarity with specifying and programming motor drives, including servo applications
- Experience with Siemens and Rockwell PLC applications, Motion Platforms, and Software
- Experience with the use of applicable industry standards
- Some experience designing and programming HMI’s and user interface applications
- Ability to direct the work of Electrical Designers during the documentation creation process
- General Understand of Mechanical Subsystems as they apply to Motion Control
- Ability to travel nationally
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.