Employee Events InternApply Job ID 25645 Date posted May. 18, 2023 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
This position is responsible for assisting the HR Shared Services Program/Event Manager in planning, coordinating activities of designated Quad events to ensure that goals or objectives of event are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Events Intern will also assist in the daily support of Quad’s boutique programs and special projects. Our interns gain a valuable understanding of many different aspects within an event and how they all interact with one another to produce the employee event. Your varying roles will help further develop your event competency and may include local onsite opportunities.The ideal candidate is passionate about making an employee’s event experience one to remember through successful execution. Some examples:
- Employee events (e.g., Summer Celebration, Summer Blues Series )
- Business Resource Group sponsored events
- Corporate Sponsored Events
- Assists HR Shared Services Program and Events team on day to day operations related to events and programs.
- Provides daily support for the execution of boutique programs and aligned projects.
- Partner with a number of internal departments to coordinate events, effectively interacting and communicating with senior staff, employees, volunteers and various external vendors/groups.
- Meet with internal partners to understand the objective and scope of the event.
- Assists in understanding cost for each event and monitoring spending.
- Assists in set up event space, catering, audio/visual equipment and attendee supplies.
- Assists with hospitality requests for each event (Quad Cuisine, ProductionSupport, Reception, Information Technology, etc.).
- Remain in constant contact with key stakeholders throughout planning and execution process.
- Assists in troubleshooting situations and challenges for events.
- May assist with set-up, running and tear down of event.
- Document event successes/challenges and identify improvements for future events.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: High School Diploma preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Great focus and attention to detail
- Strong communicationand interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and people skills
- Planning and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated with a high energy level
- Efficient in Project management
- Flexible and Adaptability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.