Entry Level Facilities EngineerApply Job ID 20209 Date posted Jul.. 22, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Careers across Quad are defined by a rich legacy of passionate people driven by innovation and motivated to find a better way. Fueled by interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
At Quad, you’ll begin at a competitive wage with immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Quad is seeking anentry-level Facilities Engineerfor our Sussex, WI location to perform the following duties:
- Coordinate with team toplan, develop, conduct, and coordinate engineering activities for capital, maintenance, energy, renovation, and other improvement projects
- Prepare cost estimates, project schedules, and develop timelines
- Work with internal customers and external firms on criteria documentation, specifications, and engineering design
- Work with senior-level engineers to develop an understanding of mechanical and electrical maintenance background in reading schematics and drawings, troubleshooting methods, and be knowledgeable of building systems, including HVAC, fire protection, power distribution, building and machine controls, LPA, HPA, chill, steam / condensate, waste water treatment, vacuum, air conveyance, and other process related piping
- Prioritize projects, determine material requirements, and assign and manage resources – internal and contracted – to promote cost minimization and achieve corporate goals
- Analyze production and utility processes for commercial printing operations using statistical and financial methods
- Maintain project files to ensure that timelines, costs, specifications and budgetary requirements are adhered to
- Assist with conducting detailed inspections of projects during implementation to ensure quality and compliance with plans & specifications, as well as best engineering practices and government regulations
- Consult on the adherence with building codes and OSHA standards, when necessary; ensure practices comply with necessary requirements (OSHA, NFPA, IBC, etc.) andQuad/Graphics safety guidelines and policies
- Assist in utilizing LEAN methodology when appropriate in managing projects and resources.
- Travel between facilities when required
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and be comfortable interacting with peers, management, internal customers, contractors, agencies, and organizations
- Must be self-motivated with strong team-building skills
- Must be able to adapt to a variety of roles as projects demand
- BS degree in electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering, construction/project management.
- Computer skills: Proficient in using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with automation, construction, and Lean Methodology in a Lean manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Project or other project management software
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.