Epic Billing AnalystApply Job ID 17152 Date posted Mar. 23, 2020 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking an Epic Billing Analyst to be based out of our Sussex, WI Office. The Analyst is responsible for maintaining the Professional Billing Application, Epic Resolute, including system design, configuration/build, optimization, support, maintenance, issue analysis and resolution, training materials and to maximize patient safety, system efficiency and usability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze business and user requirements and collaborate with teams to design and build technology or process solutions which automate or improve the application to support business strategies while considering cost vs value and alternate solutions.
- Manage the user experience with the application by guiding the solution design, training resources, and supporting processes to ensure the successful engagement and sustainment of the solution while considering associated workflows and how the application(s) integrate with the clinical environments.
- Maintains accountability and fosters communication with colleagues and customers, as evidenced by utilization of: e-mail, PMO documentation (e.g. agenda/minutes, status), SBAR, root cause analysis, change management system, etc.
- Produces quality deliverables throughout the change lifecycle, demonstrated by design session deliverables, knowledgeable build activities, essential testing functions, and comprehensive implementation methodology.
- Supports and maintains the application by working with the IT HelpDesk and vendor in analyzing current issues and resolving through short term corrective action, root cause analysis, permanent corrective action process.
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed data requirements for patient and client reporting and proposes system developments to support the reports. Works with Reporting team to ensure proper system design to facilitate data capture (i.e. Informatics / Data Integrity).
- Understands the integration points of Epic architecture and provides direction for testing such points in concert with review and oversight for test plans and strategies. Directs team to consider impact of builds and system updates on integration points.
- Research latest Healthcare technologies, regulatory requirements, statutes, etc. which enhance the application and propose/implement compliant solutions. Support application related projects in the role of system subject matter expert regarding the system in question.
- Manage change management related to systems including developing release notes, coordinating system upgrades, developing training resources and working with the Training Department to train-the-trainer and deploy the training.
- Promote teamwork, stewardship and accountability throughout the department.
- Lead Informatics Team subgroups or pilot teams in deploying new solutions.
- Participates in vendor demos, site visits, and system health checks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years minimum experience in IT in a healthcare organization preferred
- Experience with Epic and Epic Certifications in applicable areas preferred
- Experience with design, build and configuration in a healthcare or financial environment preferred
- Experience with clinical workflows; in an ambulatory setting preferred
- Experience with multi-facility design, planning and coordination of complex IS systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare business
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Demonstrated business analysis skills and experience
- Strong time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated customer service and collaboration skills working with end users Additional Company Information:
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.