Epic Billing SpecialistApply Job ID 25663 Date posted May. 23, 2023 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
QuadMed is seeking a detail oriented Epic Billing Specialist to join our team @ our Quad Med Sussex Corporate Office (Hybrid). Reports directly into the Revenue Cycle Supervisor and is responsible for working in our EMR alongside our billing team to help manage claim edits and errors, and resubmissions to our TPA’s on behalf of our clients. The Epic Billing Specialist will handle inbound calls to accept payments and answer all billing questions, while providing outstanding customer service to the patient.
*Schedule : 8:00 am to 4:30 pm CST
- Assesses claims to verify correct billing
- Completes assigned systematic checks to ensure all billable claims are transmitted and processed in a timely manner
- Post patient payments
- Corrects, both preemptively and post submission upon denial or rejection, claims errors
- Follows up on unpaid claims within the standard revenue cycle timeframe
- Works collaboratively with management to identify system and TPA issues to evaluate trends
- Maintains a solid understanding of current medical billing rules, laws and regulations
- Minimum 4 years physician/professional billing experience, and thorough knowledge and experience utilizing EPIC Resolute billing system
- A working knowledge of; current medical billing, coding and collections rules and requirements, ability to work in a team environment, efficiently, and accurately, a strong understanding of healthcare compliance to regulations including HIPAA, OIG, and AMA rules and guidelines.
- High school diploma required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Billing Professional (CBP) preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
- A working knowledge of insurance guidelines
- Effective communication skills
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.