Events CoordinatorApply Job ID 14766 Date posted Aug. 06, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Events Coordinator to join our Marketing Team in Sussex, WI. The Events Coordinator is a critical role supporting all of Quad’s industry event participation, event coordination for marketing driven initiatives, and supporting our sales teams in their client initiatives (sponsorships, charitable efforts). This position will provide critical coordination support that positions Quad as a marketing solutions partner in the industry. This role will also support any needed coordination for client loyalty efforts as it pertains to the client and external facing events. This role is responsible for controlling event budgets, driving negotiation of all necessary contracts, and coordination activities needed for successful execution of all such efforts. Event coordinator is responsible for setting the corporate standard, monitoring the agenda, supporting logistic requirements, and coordination of any necessary marketing materials.
- Define and drive the vision for client loyalty with respect to client events.
- Partner with executives and leadership to understand the objective and scope of each event, both internal and external facing.
- Design all aspects of the event to support the associated strategy.
- Budget and expense reporting for each event; manage spending for all areas of event.
- Evaluate, select and negotiate with vendors as needed, for internal event space, food and beverage, entertainment, transportation, audiovisual equipment, attendee supplies, etc.
- Align internal resources with objective of client visits
- Communicate with and manage internal hospitality facilitators for client visits (Quad Transportation, Quad Air, Quad
- Coordinate as needed with Cuisine, Quad Housekeeping, Property Management, Reception, and Information Systems
- Serve as Liaison with outside vendors and internal requestor throughout event process.
- Travel as necessary in order to perform venue research, site evaluations and to attend all scheduled events.
- Research and stay current with emerging trends and industry practices.
- Minimum of 3 years directly related event planning experience. Experience should be progressively larger in scope with budgeting responsibilities.
- Certificate or degree in hospitality/event planning, business or related degree.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously without compromising schedules or budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to make impromptu decisions
- Ability to successfully work independently and with a wide range of people, from manufacturing employees to company executives
- The ideal candidate must be able to think strategically and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients alike
- Monitor the quality and timely completion of all projects including adherence to budget, and facilitate the process of ensuring all internal customers are kept up-to-date on the progress of projects
- Maintain a solid understanding of Quad/Graphics’ brands, products and services, markets and target audiences
- Ability to travel when necessary
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.