External Reporting ManagerApply Job ID 19311 Date posted Apr. 22, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The External Reporting Manager is responsible for leading the External Reporting team within the Corporate Accounting Department, which includes research, preparation, documentation and production of all of the Company’s financial filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). This includes the quarterly Form 10-Q’s, annual Form 10-K’s and the review of other external communications involving financial information, including the Company’s quarterly earnings release. The External Reporting team ensures that the disclosures included in the Company’s SEC filings are appropriate to meet SEC disclosure requirements as well as guidelines under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Additionally, the External Reporting Manager will assist with the analysis of new accounting standards, perform analysis for the proper accounting and disclosure of certain technical accounting areas, assist with special projects and collaborate with various departments within Quad/Graphics. This person will also be part of a team working directly with our external auditors.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SEC rules and regulations.
- Develop and lead the execution of the work plan for the successful completion of the Company’s quarterly and annual SEC filings including the performance of critical project management duties, coordinating, reviewing and reporting on the work of the External Reporting team, and providing expertise in applying accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements.
- Manage the accounting for the Company’s Equity incentive compensation program.
- Manage the completion of the audits of the Company’s Benefit Plans.
- Manage the accounting for the Company’s restructuring activities.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships within the External Reporting team, others within the Quad organization and individuals outside of Quad (including external consultants).
- Teaching, training and coaching analysts and senior analysts.
- Identifying and communicating to department personnel changes in professional standards, pronouncements, laws, guidelines and other requirements.
- Provide support to both external and internal auditors to assist in their completion of an efficient audit for the Company.
- Ability to research and analyze significant and/or complex accounting issues, prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner, and present results directly to management.
- Maintain established reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- Support month, quarter and year-end closing.
- Work on special projects identified by management to find strategic solutions to issues facing this growing international company. This includes participation in transaction related work steps such as acquisitions, valuations, divestitures and related necessary public filings due to transactions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- 7+ years of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and SEC and financial reporting areas
- Microsoft platform proficiency
- Experience with HFM software is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Experience in managing and developing staff.
- Experience in performing multiple projects, carrying out multiple priorities and working with varying team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet time sensitive deadlines and work well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Detail oriented with good organization skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.