Facilities EngineerApply Job ID 13653 Date posted May. 11, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Facility Engineer, Sussex, WI
At Quad, you’ll begin at a competitive wage with immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Quad is seeking aFacility Engineer with 6 to 10 years of experience for our Sussex, WI location to perform the following duties:
- Plan, develop, conduct, and coordinate engineering activities for capital, maintenance, energy, renovation, and other improvement projects
- Prepare cost estimates, project schedules, and develop timelines
- Work with internal customers and external firms on criteria documentation, specifications, and engineering design
- Provide technical assistance regarding equipment specification, selection, acceptance, operation, and maintenance
- Prioritize projects, determine material requirements, and assign and manage resources – internal and contracted – to promote cost minimization and achieve corporate goals
- Analyze production and utility processes for commercial printing operations using statistical and financial methods
- Maintain project files to ensure that timelines, costs, specifications and budgetary requirements are adhered to
- Conduct detailed inspections of projects during implementation to ensure quality and compliance with plans & specifications, as well as best engineering practices and government regulations
- Ensure the use of established safety practices to comply with OSHA and Quad/Graphics safety guidelines and policies; adhere with necessary codes and required (OSHA, NFPA, IBC, etc.) standards
- UtilizeLeanmethodology when appropriate in directing projects and resources.
- Travel between facilities when required
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and be comfortable interacting with peers, management, internal customers, contractors, agencies, and organizations
- Must be self-motivated with strong team-building skills
- Must be able to adapt to a variety of leadership and support roles as projects demand
- Must demonstrate strong mechanical and electrical maintenance background in reading schematics and drawings, troubleshooting methods, and be knowledgeable of building systems, including HVAC, fire protection, power distribution, building and machine controls, LPA, HPA, chill, steam / condensate, waste water treatment, vacuum, air conveyance, and other process related piping
- BS degree in electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering, construction/project management, or related experience preferred.
- Computer skills: Proficient in using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with automation, construction, and Lean methodology in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Project Management or other project management software is highly desired
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.