Field Service EngineerApply Job ID 20549 Date posted Sep.. 10, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Field Service Engineer for the Corporate Headquarters in Sussex, WI. Field Service Engineers will have exposure to one area of business or product line with ability to install, startup, commission, service and troubleshoot lower complex controls and assist other Field Service Engineers. Our Finishing Field Service team-members travel about 15% of the time, while scheduled on rotating 12 hour shifts.
- Routinely interprets mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Coordinates with Original Equipment Manufacters and Customers to perform technical services including but not limited to: proper layout of cable runs/pulls; termination of cables and wires; installation and configuration of software; system optimization; and start up and commissioning of equipment
- Troubleshoots equipment at location and via phone support
- Trains customers on operation and maintenance of equipment
- Establishes and builds positive working relationships with customers
- Continually develops effective troubleshooting methods in providing daily remote assistance to customers and associates
- Escalate and assist on issues with next level of support
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum requirement of an Associate degree in technical service or engineering discipline
- Able to independently perform work of a semi-complex nature using established methods and techniques
- Assist more tenured staff with more complex problems
- Fundamental knowledge of control products and the printing industry
- Fundamental knowledge of PLC & Control Systems
- Fundamental PC & Networking skills
- Fundamental wiring skills
- Fundamentally effective written and verbal communication skills
- Fundamental ability to use hand and power tools
- Fundamental ability to use electrical diagnostic devices (e.g., Multi-Meter, Oscilloscope)
- Fundamental ability to effectively explain technical information to non-technical people
- Fundamental ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Fundamental ability to work within time schedule constraints
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.