Finance - Staff Accountant SussexApply Now Job ID 7592 Date posted Apr. 24, 2018 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
- Participates in the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process, including preparing journal entries, analyzing accruals, preparing supporting schedules, and researching impactful items.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual balance sheet reconciliations and bank reconciliations. Researches and resolves reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Runs and distributes monthly financial statements.
- Prepares audit schedules and responds to auditor requests during financial audits, SOX audits or any other audit.
- Assists business leaders in reviewing financial statements and evaluating results to budget and forecast.
- Suggests and implements improvements which will streamline existing processes and procedures with a focus on efficiency.
- Ensures processes are appropriately documented and assists in the on-going documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation/enhancement of internal controls, including documentation, testing, and compliance.
- Ensures compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company accounting policies.
- Prepares ad hoc analyses appropriate for all levels of the organization.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Accounting or related field
- CPA license is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
- Experience with an ERP system and HFM is a plus
- Ability to work additional hours when necessary.
- Successful candidates will have strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and their application is key
Meet Dr. Aggie
Dr. Aggie, M.D.
“I like that we can deliver medicine in an innovative way, with time and focus on preventative care.”WATCH DR. AGGIE'S VIDEO
We’re a company with a soul, driven by our values and dedicated to finding a better way. Our employees are empowered to work hard, move up and stand proud.Learn more >