Financial AnalystApply Job ID 18393 Date posted Dec. 10, 2020 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team based in Sussex, WI. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing financial results compared to budget, performing general ledger accounting functions including the month-end financial closing process, analyzing account reconciliations, reporting financial results, analyzing transactions, and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for calculating journal entries, analyzing accruals, preparing and reviewing supporting schedules, and researching impactful items during the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations and bank reconciliations. Researches reconciling items in a timely manner and recommends and takes action to resolve outstanding items
- Maintains and modifies management reports. Distributes management reports to leadership team and responds to and researches questions
- Creates new reports for newly identified management reporting requirements such as a new line of business.
- Develops audit schedules and responds to auditor requests during financial audits, SOX audits or any other audit
- Responsible for reviewing financial statements and evaluating results to budget and forecast. Identifies and determines actions on misstated items and implements required changes
- Recommends and implements improvements to streamline existing processes and procedures with a focus on efficiency
- Displays judgment to verify that processes are appropriately documented and creates and modifies documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Leads the implementation/enhancement of internal controls, including documentation, testing, and compliance
- Ensures compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company accounting policies
- Develops ad hoc analyses and communication for all levels of the organization
- Participates in and leads special projects as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Accounting or related field preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CPA license is preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
- Experience with an ERP system and HFM is a plus
- Ability to work additional hours when necessary
- Successful candidates will have strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and their application is key
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more!
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.