Float Pharmacist- PRNApply Job ID 16591 Date posted Jan. 27, 2020 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of liquid medicines, ointments, powders, tablets , and other medications
- Checks prescriptions for correct dosage and for drug interactions and incompatibilities
- Compounds prescribed medicines, and packages and labels them
- Stores and preserves vaccines, serums and other drugs subject to deterioration
- Dispenses medical and surgical products as prescribed
- Records prescriptions dispensed, and the issue of poisons, narcotics and other restricted drugs
- Provides advice and information on the use and effects of medications
- Sells non-prescription drugs, sick-room supplies, toiletries, cosmetics and related commercial products
- Interpret and fill physicians’ prescriptions for customers on a daily basis
- Verify all patient information before filling a prescription
- Provide medicinal consultation to customers upon filling a prescription and on OTC (over the counter) medicines as required
- Perform order entry of prescriptions into the required pharmacy database
- Contact physicians and benefits providers as necessary to process a prescription
- Complete third-party insurance forms and other paperwork
- Provide a professional and confidential environment for customers on all occasions
- Compound medications when necessary
- Maintain strict confidentiality of PHI and adheres to HIPAA guidelines
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a pharmacist
- Active and registered pharmacist in the state of practice
- Strong customer service skills
- Stong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Considerable knowledge of drug interactions and side effects of medications
- Ability to prepare, compound, and dispense medications with accuracy
- Bilingual a plus
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.