Instructional Designer - Talent ManagementApply Job ID 13559 Date posted May. 30, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Talent Management team is looking for an Instructional Designer to support the implementation of sustainable development solutions that will engage, inspire, and influence all employees and teams to significantly improve human capital performance and further the commercial objectives of Quad. The Instructional Designer will assist in the development and management of organization-wide talent management projects and/or programs, measure the effectiveness of these programs and work in partnership with Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs) as well as other business areas and resources to deliver these solutions.
Main Areas of Focus
- Design and develop learning content for all levels of the organization.
- Evaluate and measure the impact of training programs across the organization.
- Assist with program and project management for Talent Management initiatives.
- Communications and change management.
- Collection and management of metrics.
Professional Characteristics and Competencies
- Collaborative Business Partner—Partner with HRBPs and key stakeholders in other areas of the business to effectively deploy Talent Management initiatives that align with business objectives.
- Driver of Work—Manage multiple programs and projects, consistently delivering on commitments, meeting or exceeding goals and deadlines. Constantly prioritizes to get work done.
- Team Motivator – Challenge, motivate and inspire the team to deliver the best Talent Management solutions.
- 5+ years in an instructional designer or equivalent role
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Masters in education or related field preferred
- Passion for educating others
- Experience in instructional design and training
- Experience creating classroom-based course development, virtual instructor led, and online eLearning courses
- Experience developing videos and multi-media presentations (using PowerPoint, video and eLearning software)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish, communicate and maintain documentation standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, accept feedback from collaborators, and work across functional teams – internally and externally, in-person and virtually
- Dynamic and engaging style with excellent written and oral communication across difference audiences and skill levels
- Willing and able to travel as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to multi task thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.