International Controller - ManagerApply Job ID 16822 Date posted Feb. 18, 2020 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The International Controller is the key conduit between our international locations and our Corporate office. This role will work with Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Internal Controls and Operational information, all while partnering with Legal and Compliance on multiple items, including most notably appropriate Compliance standards are met, but also potentially Real Estate and involvement with Legal and local external counsel to ensure any exposures are being appropriately accounted for. The role will be responsible for managing and/or performing accounting, compliance, SOX, tests and methods within the corporate guidelines and policies and regulatory requirements.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, performing and enforcing policies & procedures. Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, performing and enforcing internal controls. Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting tests, providing information to auditors.
- Ensures application and compliance with Company policies and procedures, US GAAP, IFRS accounting and compliance rules and laws, including the FCPA and analogous laws
- Proactively ensures completion of all other compliance requirements, e.g. governmental surveys, statutory audits.
- Implements, applies and standardizes SOX and internal controls, and monitors success to minimize risk.
- Monitor and “sign-off” on monthly financial close. This can include potential preparation of journal entries and key accounting schedules / reconciliations.
- Evaluate and recommend investment projects including CapEx and potential acquisitions.
- Ensure compliance with local tax and accounting regulations in each country of the region. Tax planning including implementing the proper set of controls for local and US tax compliance.
- Manage and drive completion of all internal and external audits (eliminate surprises). Reports on root causes, remediation plans, and updated status’. Drives all finding and/or process improvement opportunities to timely closures.
- Support internal audit and ensure a proper internal control environment.
- Work with Treasury and local countries to coordinate use of cash among the region, propose financing structure to support long term strategy and reduce currency risk.
- Support and encourage finance continues improvement projects in the accounting and compliance processes.
- Supports coordination of legal matters among the region when required.
- Acting as liaison between the QG corporate finance and partnerships.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with knowledge of US GAAP.
10+ years of experience in a financial management position, including international responsibilities for 3+ years.
Public accounting experience of 2+ years preferred
Experience in printing industry and/or Latin America is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
CPA or Local equivalent
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Bilingual in Spanish and English.
ERP and Microsoft.
Will require travel to Latin America countries periodically, with travel expectation to be about 10% - 15% of the year.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.