IT Infrastructure InternApply Job ID 15249 Date posted Oct. 09, 2019 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
The Global Infrastructure Services teams are responsible for the full life-cycle of our infrastructure systems, core software platforms and systems automation. The Intern will be a part of technical teams which include Network/Telecom, Security, and Compute platforms as they plan, install, support, and optimize our environments and technologies. These environments and technologies include, but are not limited to, Windows and Linux server platforms, virtual compute, network infrastructure, unified communication systems, firewalls, proxies, VPN platforms, and SIEM products. Interns will rotate through several teams to get exposure on multiple technologies.
Interns apply knowledge gained in the classroom to develop relevant professional experience while developing meaningful relationships. We look for highly motivated individuals who are proactive, eager to learn and ready to contribute. IT has a track record of success with interns working across various teams, ensuring they can directly contribute to the success of the department.
We have year-round internships at our Sussex headquarters that requires working part-time during the Spring and Fall semesters (15-20 hours/week) and full-time during the Summer (37.5-40 hours/week). We are seeking students who can start immediately.
IT Operations/Infrastructure Intern responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting with day to day operations and support of IT infrastructure and operations teams.
- Work under the direction of an experienced team members, gaining increasing responsibilities as you demonstrate your abilities.
- Receive mentorship from an experienced team member and partner with a manager on professional development.
- Pursuing a degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or related degree.
- General knowledge and/or interest in the following infrastructure systems: Microsoft Windows OS and Server, Linux Systems, OS deployment, Virtualization, Active Directory/Group Policy, IT Security, LAN/WAN.
- Experience troubleshooting PC hardware and software problems.
- Familiarity with scripting or programming languages (Powershell, VB script, Python).
- Possesses a natural curiosity in understanding the application of technology to solve business problems.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.