Laboratory DirectorApply Job ID 16494 Date posted Jan. 20, 2020 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Laboratory Director is responsible for the overall operation and administration of the laboratory and for assuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's laboratory operations and performance.
• Ensure that testing systems developed and used for each of the tests performed in the laboratory provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance, which includes the pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of testing.
• Ensure that the physical plant and environment conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical and biological hazards
• Ensure that the test methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of results required for patient care; verification procedures used are adequate to determine the accuracy, precision and other pertinent performance characteristics of the method; and laboratory personnel are performing the test methods as required for accurate and reliable results.
• Ensure that the laboratory is enrolled in an approved proficiency testing program for the testing performed and that the proficiency testing samples are tested as required by CLIA; the results are returned within the timeframes established by the proficiency testing program; all proficiency testing reports are reviewed by the appropriate staff to evaluate the laboratory’s performance and to identify any problems that require corrective action; and an approved corrective action plan is followed when any proficiency testing results are found to be unacceptable or unsatisfactory.
• Ensure that the quality control and quality assurance programs are established and maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur.
• Ensure the establishment and maintenance of acceptable levels of analytical performance for each test system.
• Oversee the development of the organization's plans and programs in evaluation of long-range planning and regulatory action on operational performance. Foster a unified culture and promotes a process for collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and mutual teamwork.
• Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science required.
• Master’s Degree in business management or health care preferred.
• MT/MLS ASCP or NCA required
• ASCP DLM certification preferred
• Minimum 4 years of experience in moderate to high complexity testing required
• Minimum 4 years supervisory experience required.
• Prior experience as laboratory testing personnel required.
• Prior management of laboratory testing personnel and processes required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• Knowledgeable of clinical medical settings and a proven track record of successfully working in such settings.
• A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
• An intelligent, articulate team player who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and who possesses excellent communication skills.
• An effective educator who is willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
• An individual who is experienced in contract development and management.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.