Mail SpecialistApply Job ID 22374 Date posted May. 03, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Postal Manager will be the plant level liaison between Quad Graphics, clientele and the USPS. This position may require in-plant presence as projects or other needs dictate. This person must have extensive knowledge of the postal process and will be responsible for supporting the CE Account Managers in relation to any and all postal services for our customers. This position will be critical for the day to day interaction with CAM’s and our internal customers (i.e. Mailing Operations, Finishing Leads, Sales, Plant Director). When required, the Postal Manager must be able to consult with external customers, new and current, regarding mail services offered. Must have a good business relationship with the USPS personnel in plant and out of plant. Will be primary contact for the USPS for the purpose of audits, quality concerns, USPS agreements, refunds, Merlins, batch recalls and visits. Postal Manager will be responsible for any in-plant exceptions as needed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Include But Not Limited To)
- New account onboarding with AM
- Provide USPS Updates to AM’s
- Contact for postal personnel
- Work with plant on postal audits
- Plant level multi-bind coordinator
- Analyze mail.dat files
- Request/Provide freight rates
- Receive Tracking Mail reports
- Delivery Delays (trucking accidents, force of nature)
- Analyze and approve P3 results
- Create/request private pool template
- Creating /deliver non mailing est. (rate cases/future job est.)
- Consultation mail services
- Workflow constraints (troubleshooting, SBU responses, barriers)
- Changes or miss information- qty/ver/NCOA/data samples
- Postage funds shortages/trouble shooting
- Additional mail services existing clients i.e. multi mail approvals
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Five years’ experience in a postal position or print environment preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong ability to work independently, multi-task
- Proven ability to mentor and/or train others
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to successfully analyze problems, drawing valid conclusions and make recommendations
- Proficient with math applications and ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate at all levels within and outside the organization
- Comprehensive knowledge of postal industry and processes
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.