Maintenance Mechanic - BuildingApply Job ID 23066 Date posted Aug. 18, 2022 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently seeking a Building Maintenance Mechanic to work in the Sussex, WI location.
At Quad, you’ll begin at a competitive wage with immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
The Building Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing skilled maintenance, preventative maintenance, and repairs on various building items, such as:
- HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Air compressors, vacuum pumps, electric motors, belt drives, and mechanical couplings
- Work with various building control systems; including chillers and chill water systems, chemical treatment, and water softeners
- Work on overhead doors, fire doors, dock equipment, rail dock equipment, toilets, urinals, and drain cleaning
- Locating and identifying items needing temporary repair, such as roof leaks
- Contribute to an accident-free work environment by complying with all company rules and regulations
- Install, repair, and maintain plumbing systems and components
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and related materials
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Select the type and size of pipe required
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures, and equipment
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Install, repair, and maintain water treatment equipment, piping, and controls
- Install, repair, and maintain underground storm, sanitary, water, mechanical, and process piping systems
- Install, repair, and maintain sinks, tubs, and toilets
- Install, repair, and maintain water heaters and conditioners
- Install, repair, and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances, and trim
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks
- Maintain all building codes, installation requirements, and relevant legislation
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems and fixtures
- Mechanical and/or Industrial Maintenance experience
- Possess basic welding, soldering, and metal fabrication skills
- Interpret and work from blueprints, mechanical drawings, and sketches
- Must have good communications skills; both written and oral
- Must own or be willing to obtain your own set of basic mechanical hand tools
- Understand how to properly operate and maintain power tools to keep them in safe working order at all times
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts, and other elevated platforms-indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Strong background in HVAC, plumbing, piping, fitting hydraulics, and pneumatics, is preferred
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.