Maintenance Mechanic TechApply Job ID 19408 Date posted May. 03, 2021 Location Sussex, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Quad is seeking a part-time Maintenance Mechanic Technician at the Sussex, Wisconsin plant location.
Interpret and work from basic assembly, part and exploded view drawings. Comprehend written (MC system) and verbal directions. Perform basic maintenance, repairs, fabrication and rebuilding of production related equipment.
- Use hand and power tools including torque wrenches, bearing and seal drivers, drills, grinders, and precision measuring instruments as required by task and in a safe, craftsman like manner. Maintain acceptable tool condition and reliability in order to repair production equipment without causing damage to components.
- Utilize all PPE as required by task and demonstrated by your lead people or the Safety Department. Consistently demonstrate the discipline of using LO/TO, Confined Space and hot work permitting and procedures.
- Properly lubricate, identify, adjust, and replace minor common components of production related equipment to include timing chains, sprockets and related components, timing belts, sprockets and related equipment.
- Develop an understanding of the production process and factors that can affect production yields and quality.
- Assist mechanics and journeyman mechanics in a cooperative manner as directed, with inspections, preventative, proactive and repair type maintenance activities on all production related equipment.
Mechanical aptitude, good communication skills and the ability to work independently or in a team environment. Previous industrial work experience, solid mechanical background and good math skills preferred. The ability to work independently and responsibly in a variety of Industrial environments, including at heights up to 50 feet are essential.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.