Manager, HR Communications - HybridApply Job ID 25641 Date posted May. 17, 2023 Location Sussex, Wisconsin
The HR Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing effective employee life-cycle communication strategies and tactics for the company’s employee base related to their employment – from recruiting, hiring, orientation, retention and development through to retirement. This position will partner with the Human Resources Leadership Team, and HR Department to understand the communications needs for Quad’s corporate business strategy, HR strategy, HR policies and benefits. As an experienced strategist, the HR Communications Manager will provide guidance on best practices in HR communications, including audience segmentation approaches, inclusive language, effective cross-channel promotion, and on-brand messaging. The HR Communications Manager will report to the Director of Creative & Content Strategy and collaborate closely with leadership teams of Human Resources, QuadMed, Manufacturing and Marketing.
- Formulate inclusive communication strategies and generate content to advance HR and workforce-related initiatives and programs. This includes:
- Providing strategic communications support to advance Quad HR’s initiatives and programs supporting the employee lifecycle, including recruitment promotions, messaging to support new employee onboarding and learning and development at Quad
- Developing and delivering retention communications that help all employees understand the value of Quad’s total rewards program (eg, compensation, open enrollment and benefits, health and wellness programs including QLIFE Rewards, policy changes, etc.)
- Drafting communications to support the performance management and talent development process
- When it comes time to retire from Quad, ensure that employees receive an effective, on-brand experience.
- Participate in special project teams as needed given area expertise.
- Prepare executive communications on HR-related content.
- Coordinate the communication plans for companywide cultural employee events (e.g., 10-year celebrations, Founders’ Day, Appreciation Picnics, Summer Picnics, Holiday Party, etc.).
- Partner with HR to develop communications plans and messaging to help onboard new employees joining Quad.
- Use established employee communications vehicles, including company intranet, local/plant town halls, bulletin boards, Quad/TV, etc., but also work with Quad Communications to help develop additional channels (mobile, etc.)
- Partner with colleagues in Marketing Communications to identify storytelling opportunities to share externally.
IN SCOPE EXAMPLES
- BeQuad.com (external)
- MyQuad (internal)
- Recruiting and retention communications campaigns
- Total rewards (compensation, benefits, QLIFE, and QuadMed liaison)
- Employee events and other types of employee engagement communication
- Workforce and talent spotlights
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field with a strong understanding and/or experience in HR/benefits communications, corporate communications, and change management. Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis.
- 7+ years of experience performing HR communications in a publicly traded company, preferably in a large, complex organization with multiple business units including manufacturing, agency, and administrative environments.
- Demonstrates solid research and writing skills, with the ability to package information in a logical and compelling format. This includes the ability to ask the right questions to elicit information and make determination of best communication approach(es) / vehicle(s) for content that needs to be communicated and goals that need to be achieved.
- Possesses knowledge of merger and acquisition and restructuring communications for a range of internal stakeholders.
- Shows writing versatility, including the ability to adapt content for various audiences and channels.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate complicated and/or technical information in a simple, straightforward manner.
- Shows ability to work with graphic designers, internal and external agencies to package content creatively, using photos, illustrations, charts and graphs, infographics, and more.
- Produces quality work at a fast pace while concurrently handling multiple tasks with minimal direction.
- Looks for new, sometimes unconventional approaches to achieving communications goals.
- Uses Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel, TEAMS, and SharePoint) and Adobe products (including Photoshop and Acrobat) with the ability to pick up new programs quickly.
- Shows attention to detail, including being an excellent fact-checker.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.